Resident Graphic Designer
at Deborah Pagani LLC
New York, New York
NOTE: The Resident Graphic Designer position is an entry-level position located in New York City. This position is a part-time hybrid residency and we are currently accepting applications with an immediate start date in 2022.
We are designers, creative industry thieves, Instagram story lovers, community managers and imagery fanatics. We are not only on the Internet; we create what the internet wants to see. Whether it’s a viral TikTok video or the latest Twitter meme, we’re passionate storytellers for our brands and the people we do it with. We are moving so fast and creating so much great content. So we need more people like us who can come up with compelling content ideas and create them! We seek the unconventional, less obvious, unseasoned (or too seasoned) pros of creation, but above all passionate about beauty, fashion, jewellery, glamor and well-being.
Want to come in? We love dedicated video and design creators, subversive artists and illustrators, obsessive meme-makers, and we don’t care if you’re new to the job market or working on your third act.
The graphic designer:
- Create text and imagery visual concepts by hand or using computer software
- Develop overall layout and production design for advertisements, magazines and corporate reports etc.
- Need to be able to create graphics to meet specific business or promotional needs such as packaging, logos or images for print and digital uses
- Uses and creates daily on social media; must be able to produce 3 to 5 digital contents per day
- Has the ability to create relevant content on all platforms and possesses extraordinary skills in at least one, if not all: design, video editing, social media copywriting
- Demonstrates demonstrable passion, curiosity and experience creating creative content on social media platforms: Tweets, TikToks, Instagram visuals, YouTube montages, etc.
- Responsible, accountable, deeply passionate about your own personal interests and hobbies, and of course, kind, compassionate, and empathetic because you love the magic of collaboration
Scroll to continue
The gig is:
- Create emotional, impactful and goal-oriented content for one of the many brands Deborah Pagani serves
- Master the ability to turn any branded content into social gold (clips, gifs, graphics, photos, stories, copy, etc.)
- Work with a wide range and quality of video and static images – from a collection of photographs to short video clips – and turn them into content pieces designed for individual platforms and audiences
- Collaborate with our creative and strategic teams to create and manipulate videos, a plethora of photography, social copy, gifs, short clips, streaming stories, and more.
- Compete and roll with your teammates to ensure quick turnarounds, capture trending moments, and provide and receive feedback, all while maintaining a clear, enthusiastic, and proactive attitude toward content creation
- 2+ years of work experience
- 2 recent stellar references
- Portfolio or previous graphic designs
- Intrinsically understands how to work quickly but efficiently and can easily prioritize a large to-do list
- Enthusiastic, motivated and happy! We are a small team and are looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is willing to dive into multiple projects at once.
Be able to commit to a part-time work schedule, which is 3 days per week during business hours 9am-5pm ET Monday-Friday. This is a hybrid work environment where specific days will require on-site and remote work. The position has the potential to become full time.
Deborah Pagani is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that Deborah Pagani provides equal employment opportunities to all staff members and applicants without regard to gender, pregnancy, marital status or civil partnership, gender reassignment, race, disability, sexual orientation, religious belief, part-time or fixed-term employment, age. or any other legally protected class.
To apply: Please send your CV to [email protected], subject Resident graphic designer.