National News

Incoming Casemiro begs Ronaldo not to leave Man Utd – Reuters


The Real Madrid star has already landed in England to complete his move to the Premier League giants

Casemiro used his Real Madrid farewell press conference on Monday to urge Cristiano Ronaldo not to leave Manchester United in the current transfer window.

Ronaldo submitted a transfer request at the start of the summer in search of Champions League football.

A lack of activity in the Red Devils transfer market is also said to be another motive for the Portuguese to seek new pastures, but the £70m ($82.3m) snap of his friend and compatriot Bernabeu legend Casemiro could help convince Ronaldo to stay put.

During a tearful press conference where the Brazilian midfielder said goodbye to the club where he won five Champions League titles, including four alongside Ronaldo, Casemiro begged the 37-year-old to wait for him at Old Trafford and not move elsewhere.

“I haven’t spoken to Cristiano” Casemiro admitted when he brought up the subject. “I hope he stays because he’s one of the best players ever. He’s amazing.

“I want to bring my values ​​to Manchester United, everything that Real Madrid taught me, to win day by day, in every training session. I want to experience the Prime Minister [League] inside. I take advantage of everything I have, Casemiro claimed, while declaring that he wanted to win the English top flight and boldly declaring that he was joining the “the biggest club in England”.

Set to raise his salary to £375,000 ($441,000) a week and become one of the highest earners at his new club, however, Casemiro has leveled accusations that his change of allegiance was for reasons financial.

“Those who think I’m going for the money, it’s because they don’t know me. I think there are a few and they don’t know me. It’s not for the money. They’re wrong. It’s not.” Casemiro insisted.


“At the end of the Champions League final, I felt that my cycle was over” recalled the 30-year-old in reference to the 1-0 win over Liverpool in May.

“I’m honest. After the holidays, with a clear head, the feeling was the same. It wasn’t that fast. I spoke with the club already as soon as they finished the Champions League.

“My wife has supported me from the start. My family has always been on my side in this decision.

“It was very difficult to speak to the president, but I have always been honest with him,” he added. Casemiro also spoke about Madrid boss Florentino Perez.

Stressing that if it were up to him he would face Jurgen Klopp’s men again on Monday night, Casemiro flew to Manchester from the Spanish capital later that afternoon and was warmly welcomed by future fans of United outside Old Trafford in the hours before kick-off. .

As Casemiro finalizes his move, a report has also emerged detailing how United have made a bid for a second Brazilian in midfield midfielder, international Selecao Antony.

O Globo in Rio de Janeiro says the Mancunians have agreed personal terms with the Ajax winger and are now preparing a 94 million euro ($93.3m) proposal for the Amsterdam club for the relieve young.

With Erik ten Hag joining United from Eredivisie holders himself earlier this year, Ajax are said by De Telegraaf be annoyed that the manager is pushing for one of his star players so late in the transfer window which ends next week.

Elsewhere, United have also reportedly tabled a bid for former PSG keeper and current Eintracht Frankfurt goalkeeper Kevin Trapp to sign with them and offer a positional rivalry to underachieving shot-stopper David De Gea, according to Bild.

READ MORE:
Ronaldo vows to reveal the ‘truth’



Rt

Back to top button