Prince George, Charlotte and Louis’ roles in King Charles’ coronation revealed
Prince William’s children are expected to take part in the king’s coronation, according to a report.
Leaked plans show Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis will have official roles in the procession to Westminster Abbey on May 6, The Times reports.
The children will join King Charles and Queen Consort Camilla at the end of the ceremony, however, Kensington Palace has yet to confirm the report.
Plans seen by the outlet show George, 9, Charlotte, 7, and Louis, 5, set to join their parents, Prince William and Kate Middleton, in a car behind a Gold State Coach carrying the king and the queen.
It is believed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, were not invited to attend the event.
According to leaked plans, neither the Duke and Duchess of Sussex nor Prince Andrew, Duke of York will take part in the procession.
Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie will also be seated in the motorcade, plans reveal.
Kensington Palace declined to comment.
While Buckingham Palace has remained tight-lipped about the upcoming extravaganza, it teased that the coronation will be a reduced affair.
The 74-year-old’s coronation “will reflect the role of monarch today and look to the future while being rooted in longstanding tradition and pageantry”, Buckingham Palace has previously said.
“The king has asked that he be more modest,” royal author Hugo Vickers told the outlet. “It’s a very pared-down procession.”
The procession is expected to be a third the size of Queen Elizabeth’s coronation in 1953.
King Charles, who was just four when his late mother was crowned aged 25, only attended parts of the three-hour service and did not play an official role on big day.
Meanwhile, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex – who recently received their invitations to the May ceremony – are still debating whether or not they will make the 5,459-mile journey.
If they leave, the exiled royals will be greeted with a ‘cold shoulder’ by senior members of the royal family, according to a report.
In January, Harry sensationally refused to commit to attending the event, saying “there’s a lot to discuss” before he could make that decision.
“A lot can happen between now and then,” he said in an interview. “But the door is always open. The ball is in their court.”