Quick and easy dinner recipes for busy weeknights
As the week progresses, most of us get too tired to cook but still crave for something delicious and healthy. Fortunately, there are plenty of quick and easy dinner recipes that you can prepare on busy weeknights. These meals require minimal prep work and cook times, and are ideal for those times when you are running low on time, energy, and ideas. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. One-Pan Baked Salmon: You only need a few ingredients to create this nutritious yet delicious meal that will satisfy your craving for seafood. Simply place a salmon fillet on a baking sheet, season it with salt, pepper, and lemon juice, and top it with sliced veggies like zucchini, carrots, or bell peppers. Bake in the oven at 375°F for 12-15 minutes until the fish is cooked through and golden brown.
2. Chicken Stir-Fry: This dish is a great way to use up leftover veggies and protein. Simply sauté diced chicken in a hot pan with some garlic, ginger, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add stir-fry veggies like bell peppers, snap peas, and broccoli, and cook till the veggies are tender-crisp. Serve over rice, noodles or quinoa for a balanced and flavorful meal.
3. Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas: This recipe is a quick and easy way to pack in some flavor and nutrition. Toss sliced bell peppers, onions, and shrimp in a mixture of spices such as chili powder, cumin, and paprika, and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 425°F. Serve with warm tortillas, guacamole, and sour cream for a fiesta-style dinner.
4. Pasta Primavera: This recipe is a classic Italian dish that’s perfect for spring and summer. Toss cooked pasta with a medley of sautéed veggies like zucchini, carrots, cherry tomatoes, and peas, in a light olive oil and Parmesan sauce. You can add cooked sausage or chicken to make it more filling.
5. Slow Cooker Pulled Pork: This dish is great for busy weeknights because you can get it going in the morning and come home to a hot and delicious dinner. Rub a pork shoulder with spices like smoked paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder, then slow-cook it in a mixture of BBQ sauce and broth for 8-10 hours. Serve on warm buns or with a side of slaw.
In conclusion, these quick and easy dinner recipes are guaranteed to satisfy your hunger without compromising your time, health or budget. Whip up these meals in no time and get ready to enjoy a tasty and healthy dinner tonight!