Europe

the suspect goes back into custody and will be presented to an investigating judge on Monday

ProDentim

[ad_1]

The author of the shooting which killed three people on Friday in Paris near a Kurdish cultural center went back into custody and will be presented to an investigating judge on Monday, the Paris prosecutor’s office said on Sunday.

The lifting of his custody will have lasted less than 24 hours. The suspect in the assassination of three Kurds on Friday in Paris, who admitted recognized a “hatred of pathological foreigners”, left the psychiatric infirmary of the police headquarters on Sunday December 25 and will be presented Monday to an examining magistrate in for a possible indictment.

This 69-year-old retiree, of French nationality, was replaced in police custody on Sunday at 4:25 p.m., the prosecution said. His police custody had been lifted on Saturday at the end of the day for health reasons.

the attack which has left three dead and three injured since, the track of the racist crime is favored by the investigators.

As soon as he was arrested shortly after the fact, the alleged shooter told the police that he had acted because he was “racist”.

>> To read also: At the Kurdish rally in Paris, a need for justice and truth

In police custody, he recognized a “hatred of foreigners who had become pathological” since a burglary of which he had been the victim in 2016, said Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau in a press release.

He described himself as “depressive” and “suicidal”. “But before committing suicide, I always wanted to murder migrants, foreigners, since this burglary,” he said in police custody.

To do this, he first went, early Friday morning, to Saint-Denis, a popular town north of Paris, with his weapon, “a Colt 45 automatic pistol of caliber 11.43″, to ” to carry out murders on foreign persons”, according to the prosecutor.

Several convictions

But, “he finally gives up taking action, given the few people present and because of his dress preventing him from reloading his weapon easily”, she specified.

He then returned to his parents’ house, then came out to go shortly before noon rue d’Enghien, in the 10th arrondissement of Paris, where he knew of the existence of a Kurdish cultural center, and opened fire.

A woman – Emine Kara, a leader of the Kurdish Women’s Movement in France – and two men, including the artist and political refugee Mir Perwer, died under his bullets. Three other men were injured, including one seriously, but their life is no longer in danger and one of them has left the hospital, according to the latest report released on Sunday.

Five of the six victims are of Turkish nationality, the last French.

>> To read also: “Fighter, musician, political refugee: the three Kurdish victims of the attack in Paris”

“Indicating that he is angry with ‘all the migrants’, he explains that he attacked victims he did not know, specifying that he is angry with the Kurds for having ‘taken prisoners during their fight against Daesh (acronym in Arabic for the jihadist organization Islamic State, editor’s note) instead of killing them”, affirmed the public ministry.

He “intended to use all the ammunition and kill himself with the last bullet”, but was arrested by several people at a nearby barbershop before being arrested by the police.

The first elements obtained during a search of his parents, including the seizure of a computer and a smartphone, have “revealed nothing at this stage”, according to the prosecutor, and did not make it possible to establish “any connection with an extremist ideology”.

The suspect claimed to have acquired his weapon four years ago from a member of the shooting club, she added. He had hidden it at his parents’ house and assured that he had never used it before.

Already convicted in 2017 for carrying a prohibited weapon and last June for violence with weapons on burglars – the facts he mentioned in police custody – he has been indicted since December 2021 for violence with weapons, with premeditation. and racist.

grief and anger

He is suspected of having stabbed migrants at a camp in Paris on December 8, 2021.

After a year in pre-trial detention, he was released on December 12.

Friday’s attack shocked the Kurdish community, which denounced a “terrorist” act and blamed Turkey.

That the track of the terrorist attack was not retained from the outset provoked anger and incomprehension.

“The fact that our associations are targeted is of a terrorist and political nature”, declared Agit Polat, spokesman for the CDK-F.

“What we feel is pain and incomprehension because it’s not the first time it’s happened,” said a 23-year-old Parisian manifesto, Esra, without giving her name.

She was referring to the assassination on January 9, 2013 in Paris of three militants of the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), which has never been elucidated.

In the capital, a gathering of several thousand people was marred by violence and degradation on Saturday. Thirty-one police and a demonstrator were slightly injured, eleven people arrested, announced the prefect Nuñez.

An adviser to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan posted photos of overturned and burned cars in Paris on Twitter on Sunday, writing “it’s the PKK in France”, “the same organization you support in Syria” and “which killed thousands of Turks, Kurds and security forces over the past forty years”.

“Now they are burning the streets of Paris. Are you still going to remain silent?” Asked Ibrahim Kalin.

Hundreds of Syrian Kurds were again named Sunday in northeastern Syria in tribute to the three “martyrs” killed on Friday.

With AFP

[ad_2]

Europe 1

alpilean
Back to top button